In approaching a Christian World View, I realized that I had been at that with my Bible studies for the last 40+ years. Many miss-steps and errors but always moving forward in my thinking. If one is to pursue this objective of gaining God’s view on your life, i.e. Christian World View, they must dedicate themselves to:
- Aligning their thinking with God’s Thinking.
- Trusting and revering the Bible.
- Know that the Bible is the only depository of God’s thinking.
- There are some great teachers, great movements, sects or churches, but only one reliable source to align your thinking with and that is the Bible.
- Remember, the principles of life taught in the Word and realities of who God is truth and not to be defiled.
- Remember, application and cultural mores change but not the word of God. Illustrations of this would be
- Church-societal view on alcoholic beverages, dancing, playing cards, women teaching men the bible, etc.
- Developing a Christian World View takes much time in study, accountability, being misunderstood, and application, (e.g. Honoring Your Parents).
With this in mind, I have decided to take the 25 items mentioned in the last blog and introduce each topic to you in a blog(s). These will be meant only to introduce you to the truth and hopefully get you started on the long journey seeking God that is before you. Reference point 3 above. I apologize for the very long epistles this time. Please forgive and read on.,
My ambition is to launch you into your own discovery of God’s thinking for the rest of your life on earth.
If we can’t gain a CWV then we are a blind man wandering during this life
If you have any questions, comments or insights on these blogs, please let me hear from you.
The 25 items are:
- My marriage
- Sexual relation
- Honoring your parents
- Your children
- Respecting their Mom and Dad
- Learning and thinking
- Dating and then marrying non-believers
- My dealing with sexual deviants
- How to serve my boss
- My view and my obedience to authority in my life, i.e. the Word, President, Governor, Police, Church leadership, Father, Mother, Spouse, driving laws, etc.
- Fearing God
- My “generosity-giving”
- My contentment with my social level
- My motivation
- My Purpose in Life
- Authority of the Word
- My legacy
- What is gain to me
- View of death and life after
- What is success
- MY/our good works
- Forgiveness, Grudges
- My Contending
- My theology
- My hope
- The church
- The Word
The Bible, the Word of God is the key to all we believe. To waffle in your thinking on the accuracy and authority of the Word, is to disrupt your relationship and walk with God. Your commitment to the Word is a key to your walk with Christ
Jos 1:8 “This book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it by day and by night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall act wisely”.
1Pe 1:23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the living Word of God, and abiding forever.
Instead of a treatise on The Word, let me ask 11 Questions on the subject:
- Have you ever read/studied the history of the bible and how it came about? If not, when are you going to?
- Do you know the history of the canonization?
- Do you believe in a closed or open cannon?
- Do you believe the bible is inerrant?
- If you don’t
- What parts are errant to you?
- Can you trust Jesus history and teachings, i.e. His use of Jonah as a historical character?
- If you don’t embrace inerrancy are you declaring your opinion as more accurate than God’s?
- Since Jesus quoted the bible often, what are we to conclude?
- Do you have problems of squaring the bible with the archeologist?
- Can you accept creation account?
- Are scripture teachings, like the following, cultural or to be obeyed as written?
- sexual deviants
- Women clothing
- Obeying authority
- Can you defend that the book you call the Bible as the Word of God?
- Do you believe that the Bible is the most effective book on how to live life?
- To advance my thinking on this subject my next step is..?
We are being confronted with negative, heretical teaching of the Word weekly. We must be equipped to stand up to the attacks.